Super healthy, tasty, easy and vegan banana bread.
· 4 medium-sized ripe or over ripe bananas
· 1.5 cups (180 grams) whole wheat flour
· 1/2 cup coconut oil
· A few dashes cinnamon powder
· 1.5 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp baking soda
· 3 tbsp chia seeds
· 1 tbsp of LSA
· ¼ cup slivered almonds
· 1/2 cup walnuts
· Dash milk (regular or nut/rice milk)
Note: Adjust amount of chia seeds, LSA and also type of nuts (pecans also work well) to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
2. Grease a bread tin or cake pan with some coconut oil. you can use the rectangular cake pan of size ( 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches) or round cake pan (7.5 x 2 inches).
3. Place bananas in a mixing bowl.
4. Mash the bananas well or puree them with in a blender.
5. Now add the oil, cinnamon powder to the banana and mix well.
6. Sieve the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, directly in the bowl containing the mashed bananas.
7. Fold the sieved flour really well.
8. Lastly add the milk, nuts, seeds and LSA and fold these so ingredients are combined evenly.
9. Pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan.
10. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 40 minutes or till very brown on top (not burnt—common sense)
12. Once warm or cool remove the bread from the pan.
13. Slice and serve warm.
14. The remaining loaf, you can wrap in a cling film or keep in a box in the fridge.
15. Warm the bread before serving.
Enjoy the taste and feel good that it's healthy!